Tooth staining is one of the most common cosmetic dental issues people in Calgary face. While there can be a number of reasons teeth darken, removing those stains to expose bright and attractive enamel can have a profound impact on the quality of your smile. Fortunately, removing stains is not nearly as difficult as it may seem.
Five ways you can brighten your smile at home are:
- Prevent stains – limit your intake of dark foods and beverages and avoid foods and drinks with artificial colors and added sugar
- Brush often – brushing after every meal and snack will help remove surface stains before they have a chance to set
- Don’t forget to floss – flossing removes plaque and helps prevent oral health problems, both of which can lead to tooth discoloration
- Consider at home whitening systems such as Crest White Strips
- Consider professional treatments – Systems such as Crest White strips take up to 14 days to work. Dr. Cload offers ZOOM in office whitening that takes less than 2 hours.
Taking these steps can help ensure your teeth remain bright and attractive year-round, but if they prove to not be enough for full results, consider a visit to our Calgary office for cosmetic dentistry services including chairside whitening and porcelain veneers. Professional services can complement your daily routine to produce remarkable results in the shortest time possible. Dr. Cload would be happy to talk to you about this in greater detail during your next visit to our office.
If you live in Calgary or surrounding areas of Alberta and are considering cosmetic dentistry, please contact Southcentre Dental Clinic online or by calling (403) 278-1415 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cload today.